July 29, 2021
Fudge Chocolates with Nuts & Dried Fruits - Dessert Recipe
Fudge Chocolates with Nuts & Dried Fruits
This is a great recipe for bite-sized, melt-in-your-mouth chocolates made with hazelnut butter (or almond, or walnut, or peanut), raw cacao nibs, nuts and tangy dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, or mangoes). Add extra crunch by dusting them with chia seeds! No chocolate mould? No problem! Use empty ice cube trays instead; they're a perfect size and are just as easy to use. To make this recipe even more chocolaty, add 2 cups 70% dark chocolate chunks to the mix and an extra 1/4 cup hazelnut butter.
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic coconut oil
2/3 cup PRANA organic blanched almond butter (or hazelnut, walnut or peanut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
pinch sea salt
2 tbsp PRANA organic raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup mix of PRANA nuts and seeds of your choice (almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
some PRANA dried fruit (cranberries, mangoes, raisins, figs, etc.)
1 tbsp PRANA organic ProactivChia seeds
2 cups PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao (optional)
- Grease 1 or 2 ice cube trays.
- Coarsely chop the nuts and dried fruit. Set aside.
- In a bain marie, warm the coconut oil, nut butter(s) and maple syrup until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cacao powder and sea salt gradually, stirring continuously until well blended.
- Pour the mix into a pastry bag and squeeze a small amount into each cavity of the ice cube trays.
- Sprinkle each chocolate with the nuts, fruit and raw cacao nibs. Sprinkle with ProactivChia.
- Place trays in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove trays from the freezer and delicately lift the chocolates.
- Store up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or freezer.